Monday 2 November 2015

My mammoth hexie quilt


Finally my hexie quilt is ready for the machine quilters, well it will be when I join the backing fabric. This quilt (has no name yet) has been on going for nearly 3 years (on and off). I pulled it out again in July when I started back on my creative journey. Since then I have designed and made the two borders. I thought it would never end. I did have a final border in mind to add but have now decided that it is finished.

I didn't have a pattern for this quilt, however the centre was inspired by Karen Cunningham's Anna Quilt.  The borders took some time to work out and to bring together harmoniously, but I got there. The background and duck egg blue fabric are William Morris designs - the rest are reproduction scraps from the stash. Looking forward to seeing this one back from the quilters.

I will bind it in a red and caramel stripe to bring the red out again. It is time to move on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment